- Android Device running with an active Google Play install (to allow for application installs)
- A computer with the Android SDK running
- A Kindle Fire
Android Phone/Device Steps
- Install the application you want to ALSO install on your Kindle Fire onto your Android phone or device.
- Post Install, connect your phone/device to your computer
- Use adb to pull the .apk file from your device onto your computer for install onto the kindle.
- Connect your Kindle Fire to your computer and make sure the SD Card mounts
- Enable unknown sources:
- Tap the “gear” by the wifi and battery icons, tap settings, Device.
- Slide on “Allow Installation of Applications (from unknown sources)”
- Copy the newly obtained .apk from the root of your Android SDK directory (/Android/tools/ in my case)
- Paste the .apk on your Kindle Fire’storage (Documents or Downloads for example)
- Use a file explorer/manager installed from the Amazon app store to navigate to the directory you placed the .apk
- Tap the .apk after it has been copied and install like normal (be sure you check permissions)